Happy new year! Belated yes I know, but with a baby at home it is difficult to keep the recipes coming 🙂
This is one of my favorite recipes to have at a dinner party, its a great starter and always looks so pretty!
Guests are usually skeptical about tofu but I’ve found that in this dish with the different ingredients and spinach, it all goes really well together
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- 1 bag of frozen spinach (thawed)
- 1 tofu block
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a heated skillet, fry the onion and garlic for 2 mins with the olive oil
- Add the spinach to the skillet and stir for 5 mins
- The stuffing : With a food processor process the tofu and nutritional yeast until smooth.
- Next add tofu to the onion mix and mix together with a spoon.
- Add the stuffing to the portobello mushrooms and bake for 25 mins on 180 degrees celsius oven
This is what the “cheesy” stuffing will end up looking like, this is similar to the stuffing that went into this dish as well